Monday, November 10, 2008

Coffee Break Candle Gift Set Review

I used to drink coffee like crazy and some time back I had to discontinue it because of caffeine intolerance. Given a chance, I would still like to relish a cup of coffee. But I am under strict observation of my parents and can not escape their vigil eyes. To pacify me, my elder brother gifted the Coffee Break Candle Gift Set. Even before I opened the pack, the strong aroma was out and was intoxicating the whole room. There were times when I used to wonder, why is that perfumes not coming out in coffee fragrance? Here is an answer to my prayers. The candle smells incredibly invigorating and enthralled me. For those who are not aware of this product, this is basically a set of three candles packed with coffee flavor. I would like to caution you that do not be carried away by the size of the candles shown in the photo. Since I had not seen this before, I was OK with it. Later I happened to see the image on an online site and then realized that there is a lot of difference in the size of the candle depicted and the real ones. This does not disappoint you in aroma, but the size is shocking. This is too small compared to the picture.This basically contains a ceramic plate. This is sturdy and strong enough to hold the candles and the pebbles. I have a strange feeling that the ceramic color does not match with the candles.

It should have been more vibrant and contrasting to the candles. The ceramic tray is of reasonable quality and it has withstood all the damages in transit. The tray is square shaped with a combination of cream and taupe. Some small sized smooth and round pebbles add beauty and make it look serene. There are three candles of varying size that is aesthetically arranged in the tray. They are Swiss mocha or hazelnut candle (2x3H"), Swiss mocha or cappuccino candle (2x5H") and Swiss mocha or chocolate latte candle (2x7 H"). The candles have a pleasing double tone color that keeps reminding me of coffee. This looks and smells good either lit or even just like that. I usually don't light them. This is fundamentally designed for ornamental and decorative purpose. If lighted, it does not give sufficient light to brighten the room. But the aroma spreads fast. Now I have two sets with me. One of them is adorning my bedside table and the other on the dining table. The aroma is soothing and is a good destressor. This acts something like an aroma therapy. This set relaxes my mind and lightens my spirit. By Yvonne Cote

No comments: